The American Association of University Professors – Biomedical and Health Sciences of New Jersey (AAUP-BHSNJ) is an independent, non-profit organization that represents 1500 faculty at Rutgers/Rowan Universities. These faculty teach the next generation of doctors, nurses, scientists, and health professionals. The Association furthers the interests of faculty by bargaining for improvements in clinical compensation, researcher incentives, work/life balance, and other benefits. We also defend members from discriminatory treatment and provide individual advice on an array of issues. Finally, we advocate for our students, patients, and colleagues in Trenton by advancing legislation which promotes their interests.
Faculty We Represent
- New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Rutgers
- School of Osteopathic Medicine, Rowan
- School of Dental Medicine, Rutgers
- School of Nursing, Rutgers
- School of Public Health, Rutgers
- School of Health Professions, Rutgers
- University Libraries, Rutgers and Rowan
We at AAUP-BHSNJ believe in a vision where our universities are models for faculty engagement and provide a high-quality work environment for everyone. Quite simply, if Rutgers and Rowan are to become among the best academic health centers, they must start by becoming national leaders in their treatment of faculty.