Summary of Major Contract Wins
- 2 years of retroactive base pay increases paid immediately (3% dated to July 2018, 3% to July 2019)
- 2 years of merit increases to base pay (July 2021 - 3%/July 2022 (2.5%)
- Raises are protected from any declaration of Fiscal Emergency by the University
- Preserved NJMS Faculty Practice Compensation Scheme
- New Research Faculty Incentives
- A review process to correct pay inequity
- Adjustments for lowest paid faculty to 25% of AAMC based on rank and specialty
- New parents may use up to one year of paid sick time or sick leave, float time and/or vacation leave (even if not yet accrued) to bond with their child.
Job Security/Promotions Appeal
- The ability to grieve non-reappointments
- The ability to appeal the failed promotions for Non-Tenure Track Faculty
AAUP is the professional bargaining representative for more than 1,300 faculty members and librarians of the BHSNJ.
Contracts between labor and management govern wages, benefits and working conditions. AAUP-BHSNJ is dedicated to fulfilling all of the requirements and needs of our members
Leadership is "a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task"
The American Association of University Professors, Council of Chapters (the AAUP) is the professional bargaining representative for more than 1,400 faculty members and librarians of the Biomedical and Health Sciences of New Jersey (BHSNJ). Our members are the teachers, physicians, researchers, and librarians at the schools that make BHSNJ the largest public medical and health services university in the nation. Eighty percent of the members are licensed health care professionals, including physicians,dentists and nurses. The remaining members are scientists holding the Ph.D.